Our friend and happiness expert Shawn Achor once shared that if you view a mountain by yourself, your brain will perceive it to be 10 to 20 percent steeper than if you view it while standing next to a friend who is going to climb it with you.
Well, friends, we’re standing next to you (from six feet away, of course) as you view what might feel like a mountain of new challenges. Think of us as the friendly crew that’s helping find the best guides, tips, and inspiration to help you succeed.
That’s why this month we launched these new resources and initiatives:
- A new “Working from Home” Resource Center
- A new roundup of virtual offerings from Conference for Women speakers
- A new audio series featuring timely tips from our archives, called Best Breakouts
- A new Celebration of Women’s Stories of Hope and Inspiration, presented by Target and the Conferences for Women
- A new conversation with Jean Chatzky, the financial editor of NBC’s Today show, about navigating economic downturns
- A Q&A on Mental Wellness with Joni Youngwirth, who survived COVID-19 and knows—from service in the Air Force and 25 years in the financial services industry—how to stay mentally strong.
We’ve also increased the frequency of our newsletter to keep you informed and connected to this vital community of women supporting women. If you know a friend or colleague who could benefit from joining us, please share this newsletter with them. New readers, sign up here.
One final note:
- Young women from underserved communities who are prospective college students need our help now. Please consider giving to our partner, ScholarMatch.